Eight tips to optimize LinkedIn to help get you found in searches For Small Businesses
- Review and Complete Your Profile. Make sure your LinkedIn Profile is complete. Make sure it is detailed to improve the chances you to be found and to be contacted. This is important because your profile is how connect with people on LinkedIn. But carefully complete your LinkedIn profile carefully and treat is like writing your resume.
- Include a Photo of You. You should include a headshot or other professional photograph of yourself.
- Update Your Professional Summary. The Professional Summary section should highlight your professional experience. Be sure to add an industry if you’d like to attract recruiters.
- Include Keywords and Skills. Include keywords and skills from your resume in your profile to make it easier for your profile to be found in search results.
- Profile Website Links. The Links section of your profile is a good way to provide even more information to potential employers and to your contacts. If you have blog or a personal web site that is business related, include those links in the Links section of your profile.
- Your Public Profile. Don’t forget to make your profile public – that’s how the world can find it. Also, customizing your URL will give you a link that’s easy to share.
- Grow Your Network. Connect with other members and build your network. You can find connections you’ve worked with, done business with, went to school with, or are otherwise affiliated with. The more connections you have, the more opportunities you have, but don’t randomly connect with people you don’t know.
- Get Recommendations. Having strong references can only help you when it comes to getting selected for an interview or for a job. The best way to get recommendations is to give them, so take some time to write recommendations for your contacts and they will most likely reciprocate.